The Importance of Outdoor Play
Going outside is just as important as any other part of our curriculum. Outdoor play is an essential part of children’s learning experience that is critical to their health and development. Our preschools goals are:
- to provide practice for large muscle skills through climbing, yoga, jumping, running games and activities.
- to provide practice for small muscle skills through drawing, sand and water play and fun games.
- to enhance self-esteem and a feeling of pride and accomplishment.
- to learn the value and importance of teamwork, good sportsmanship and how fun it is to be outdoors moving your body.
- to allow children to experience freedom not always possible indoors.
- to provide experiences for children to learn about the outdoor environment and to increase vocabulary.